Skip to main content

I don't want what I need, I want what I want..

Hello world, I am back after a long time. I had few busy days and I haven't been able do my blog. I have been out all day of every day over the last few days. Busy meeting friends. Gossipping like old time. Roamed around every corner of Dhaka. Also watched a lot of films over last few days. Some of them being 'Love Actually' and 'The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift'. Both brilliant films.

The Fast and the Furious was a fast paced movie. I don't think it was as good as 'The Fast and the Furious' , but it was still a good movie.

'Love Actually' was a brilliant film though. I am not really keen on English romantic comedies. The only reason I wanted to watch the film was because there is a remake of 'Love Actually' is being made in Bollywood called 'Salam-E-Ishq' which is due to be released soon. The film 'Love Actually' just dissolved my heart! I really feel embarrassed to write the word 'dissolved' but the movie certainly did dissolve my heart.

I have also started to come out of my orthodox perspective towards life. We always try to stick to the rules in fear of punishment. I think I have had my fair share of punishment without bending any sort of rules. It's time to make up for the mistake of being an orthodox person. While I am in Dhaka, it's the perfect opportunity for me, I am living like a King here. I do whatever I want.

The winter is putting a veil of fog on the Dhaka city. I am really enjoying Bangladeshi winter after a long time. It's mild and dry, unlike Manchester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noy Nombor Bipod Shonket: Film Review

Another venture by renowned Humayun Ahmed. The film is a 100% meaningless movie. But this is not a drawback of the movie. Although the movie is completely meaningless, it does bring a lot of laughter. Good movie to kill idle time. Rating 6 out of 10. হূমায়ুন আহমেদের চলচ্চিত্র 'নয় নম্বর বিপদ সংকেত' তাঁর পরিচালিত অগনিত অর্থহীন ছবিগুলোর মধ্যে অন্যতম। অর্থহীন হলেও ছবিটি দর্শকদের মনে হাসির খোরাক জোগাবে। প্রথমদিকে ছবির গল্প খুবই এলোমেলোভাবে শুরু হলেও ছবিটি শেষ পর্যন্ত্য উপভোগ্য হয়েছে।

Nawab Restaurant (Levenshulme, Manchester) review by Mohibur Rahman

Friends arranged a party to celebrate my homecoming (!?) last night. It was at the old, typical, crowded Nawab. After spending the whole day out eating lots of junk food, Nawab’s food was going to be a bit heavy, but we decided to go there one last time for old time sake. Our in house food expert the honourable Mr Mohibur Rahman was asked to give his kind input in the review of the Nawab’s food. He agreed. So here’s the damage below. At first, I must advice that Mohib is a very difficult person to please to, especially when it comes to food. With a sharp sense of taste in food and ability to criticise to the extreme he is every chef’s nightmare. So anyone associated with Nawab restaurant reading this review please don’t be too upset. Let’s start with the starters. After waiting for 20 minutes to be seated on a busy bank holiday weekend, Mohib discovered Nawab still offers extensive range of starters just like the old time. There were various salad bowls. There had been a few changes in...

RIP M Saifur Rahman

The country's longest serving finance minister M Saifur Rahman who steered the Bangladesh economy toward a free market path and presided over series of economic reforms died yesterday in a car crash. The Bangladesh Nationalist Party’s(BNP) one of the worthy politicians was travelling to the capital when his car spun out of control after the driver tried to skirt a cow on the busy Dhaka-Sylhet highway. Instead, it fell into a five-feet deep ditch with the 77-year-old leader tied up under a seat belt. Local people rescued the ailing leader unconscious but he was declared dead as his body was rushed to Brahmanbaria Sadar Hospital at 3.00pm. He apparently failed to untie his seat belt as he was already in ill health due to prostrate cancer. The United States lauded the late leader's "critical role in improving the lives and bringing prosperity to millions of Bangladeshis by opening Bangladesh's economy and promoting free market reforms". A professiona...